Canadian Life Sciences Networks
How do other Canadian pharmaceutical companies do it?
Answering this simple question is our mission.
A powerful partnership has brought together MATRIX Healthcare’s deep expertise in the Canadian pharmaceutical market and TGaS® Advisors’ industry leading benchmarking and network facilitation capabilities. With a roster of most of the top 50 pharma companies, along with a growing network of emerging and pre-commercial life sciences companies, TGaS has been providing robust comparative intelligence and collaborative network membership services in the US for nearly 15 years. Relying on 50+ years of Canadian pharma experience, MATRIX professionals have supported 14 clients with 100+ engagements over 3 years.
Together, we are creating the Canadian Life Sciences Networks (CLSN) to help answer the question, “How do other Canadian pharmaceutical companies do it” for key functional areas. Our goal—to increase the impact of key functions by providing a fact-based, outside-in perspective; actionable, practical, unbiased advice; and ongoing access to an unrivalled network of peers.
We help pharma leaders answer the big questions.
- What does good look like?
- Where do we stand vis-à-vis our peers
- How can we transform our organization to meet our needs today and in the future?
- What levels and allocation of investment are required to attain good, better, best?
The Benefit—Better Business Results.
- Better Decisions. Gain support for fact-based decisions regarding resource allocation and deployment, organizational design and capabilities development.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness Gains. Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in your organization, based on actionable advice on how to improve the impact of resource, structure and capabilities on the business.
- Performance Tracking. Chart and track performance, providing information that allows leaders to truly understand where their organizations stand and to demonstrate improvement over time.
- Future Fitness. Prepare for the future, with practical and actionable advice on resources, processes, capabilities and organization design needed within the one to three year planning horizon.
- Leadership Confidence. Lead with confidence gained from customized comparative intelligence and ready acess to network and collective MATRIX/TGaS experience.
For additional detail on our each of our Networks, click on the links below
Patient Support Programs
Canadian pharmaceutical companies are making
considerable investments in patient support programs.
Access & Reimbursement
The Canadian pharmaceutical industry is facing an
increasingly challenging market access environment.
Delivering commercial excellence is a multifactorial challenge requiring leaders to constantly evolve and deliver